Voltar   Forum Tenis News > Circuito do Tênis > Historia do Tênis

Antigo 14-06-2019, 3:42   #1
liny195
Membros

Data de Entrada: Jun 2019
Padrão The 2018 Indianapolis Colts live and die by the play of first-

and second-year players. When the young pros are at the top of their game Jabaal Sheard Jersey , Indy has a great deal of success. While the defense continues to rely more on youth, and has been having a great deal of success, rookie contributions on the offensive line have been extremely important. Let’s take a look at both sides of the ball and see how these players mad an impact in an important division win in Houston.OFFENSEFirst and second round players have found a great deal of success for Chris Ballard. Look no further than offensive linemen Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith, who have refused to relinquish their starting spots and continue to play every snap. The offensive line gave up 2 sacks and 5 quarterbacks hits in Houston but comeback player of the year candidate J.J. Watt was held to one sack and Jadeveon Clowney not only finished the game without a sack, he was drawn off-sides to seal the Colts victory. Braden Smith had an impressive performance against Watt, particularly when you consider that he handled the assignment one-on-one for much of the game. Smith will face few challenges at right tackle that are more demanding that Watt.The running game has slowed considerably in recent weeks and the Texans game was no exception. Rookie Nyheim Hines was on the field for 42% of the offensive snaps but gained only 1 yard on 3 carries. He also caught 3 passes on 5 targets for 16 yards. Sophomore rusher Marlon Mack took 60% of the snaps to rush for 33 yards on 14 carries. He was targeted only once through the air but did not record a catch.Rookie receiver Daurice Fountain was called up to the active roster leading up to the Texans game but only saw the field on 4% of the offensive snaps. He did not record a catch. Second-year receiver Zach Pascal finished as the second most productive receiver on the roster. He caught 5 passes on 6 targets and generated 68 yards and a touchdown.DEFENSEIt was just another week for rookie Darius Leonard. Not only did he stay on the field for every defensive snap, he gathered 12 tackles, 1 sack, and defended a pass that was intended for all-world receiver Deandre Hopkins in the red zone. It was an eerily similar play to the one that torched the Colts in Week 4 in overtime, and led to a game winning field goal. Not this time.For those keeping track, Leonard’s stat line this season is as follows:135 tackles (17 more than second place in one less game), 7 sacks, 5 passes defensed, 1 interception, 4 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries.Bob Sanders won DPOY in 2007 with the following stat line:96 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 6 passes defensed, 2 interceptions and 1 fumble recovery.Rookie defensive lineman Tyquan Lewis continues to get a heavy snap count, taking 46% of the defensive snaps. He generated only 1 tackle but was active in the backfield and played a role in bottling up Deshaun Watson. Matt Eberflus had a solid game plan that included a heavy dose of rookie strong side linebacker Matthew Adams. He played on 42% of the defensive snaps and had his only tackle called off due to penalty. He also played a key role in keeping Watson in the pocket, allowing others to get hits and sacks.Undrafted rookie safety George Odum has been getting more defensive opportunities lately. He saw the field for 21% of the snaps and tallied 2 tackles. Second round defensive end Kemoko Turay continues to see his snap count drop, especially against opponents who like to run and during game where the score is close. He is not as strong as a run defender as his teammates Lewis and Al-Quadin Muhammad Pierre Desir Color Rush Jersey , so he only saw 18% of the defensive snaps and tallied only 1 tackle.Second-year corner Kenny Moore played every defensive snap and recorded 7 tackles and a sack. Safety Malik Hooker also played every snap and tallied 1 tackle. Linebacker Anthony Walker was on the field for 85% of the defensive snaps and generated 11 tackles and a pass defensed. He continues to look like a major win for Chris Ballard and like an excellent pairing with Leonard.Chris Ballard stole Muhammad from the New Orleans Saints and has given him the opportunity to be a key contributor in the defensive line rotation. On Sunday, Muhammad was on the field for 79% of the snaps and gathered 1 tackle, a tackle for a loss, and a QB hit. He has been a nice surprise and is in his second NFL season.Three other sophomores took snaps but did not record a defensive stat. Quincy Wilson 58%, Grover Stewart 31% and Nate Hairston 1%.ANALYSISIt is not hard to understand why Colts fans have consistently expressed confidence in the team’s direction in 2018. Regardless of the record, when it was bad or when it is better than expected, fans acknowledge that young football players are heavily influencing the outcome. Each of these players still has an arrow pointing up on development and should be considered likely to get better when they return in 2019.If that isn’t enough, Ballard’s stubborn frugality in free agency leaves the team in excellent financial position to go after any marquee free agent it wants and to retain any in-house free agent for the long-term. There are reasons to believe that the team should only get better from here. EAST HANOVER, N.J. (AP) — At 43, Baylor coach Matt Rhule is far removed from a playing career. That doesn’t mean he won’t run the gauntlet with his guys to prove a point.When Rhule was helping turn around the program at Temple, he already had many of his players outfitted with XTECH shoulder pads, a revolutionary protective device that is gaining traction on all levels of football.“I even wore the XTECH pads and went through bull-in-the-ring while I was at Temple,” he recalls, “and I can tell you that the next day I felt less sore than I should have felt.”That’s the refrain from many a player, including NFL stars such as Khalil Mack, Matt Ryan, Odell Beckham Jr., and Andrew Luck — who missed an entire season because of shoulder issues.“I had a unique history after being at the New York Giants where several players wore the XTECH pads ,” says Rhule, who left Temple for Baylor in 2016. “Then Muhammad Wilkerson, who played for me at Temple https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Kemoko-Turay-Jersey , was a proponent of the pads. I had a chance to see them work firsthand. When we went to Temple, we put them on several guys, and they all had positive reviews. Shoulder injuries went down. Upon coming to Baylor, we had a chance to implement the same thing. We’ve watched our occurrence of injuries and postseason surgeries come down subsequently.“The pads have been shown to work at a high level, and we have had tremendous personal success with them. The vast majority of our players have enjoyed the pads and appreciated the commitment to their health and welfare. I’ve even had other coaches reach out to me over the years to ask about them.”That seems to be the reaction from high schools — famed Mater Dei in Santa Ana, California, originally bought three sets and now the entire team is wearing XTECH — to college, where company co-founder Bob Broderick says close to 500 schools across all levels have players suiting up in the pads, with virtually the entire Washington State roster using them.Dozens of players at the likes of Michigan, Penn State, Syracuse, Mississippi and Notre Dame use the pads.As for the pros — the NFL does not survey shoulder pads as it does helmets — Patriots running back James White, in the midst of the finest season of his five-year career, says: “I like that the pads are light and give me a lot of range to move my arms. But at the same time, they give me all the protection my shoulders need. I’ve always given thought to my shoulder pads because as a person who runs and catches the football, I feel like you should have the right pads to help you get your job done.”XTECH has been on the job for six years, though the work staff is small: 11 full-timers, seven part-timers. That could be increased as Broderick and co-founder Ted Monica break into the European market; there are distribution deals in place for January to expand in Germany, Switzerland and the UK. Also next year, XTECH will make available its first five-padded girdle; most states require all high school football players to wear a five-padded girdle.Their Cover-2 Program works with NFL teams, current and former coaches and players to buy pads and donate them back to their high schools. Zach Ertz Anthony Castonzo Jersey , Melvin Gordon and the McCourty brothers have done so, and the Giants donated equipment to the New York Police Department’s football squad.Monica has worked in the football equipment world for nearly 38 years. He custom designs every pad, which Broderick says are the only pads made entirely in the United States.What makes those pads stand out?The patented design features the only dual-cantilever system on the market, an adjustable three-piece body system that allows each pad to fit the player’s body at the proper angle while creating a natural channel for the AC joint to sit in. On the performance side, a three-point swivel system allows for enhanced range of motion, and air flow occurs into the front and back to work in conjunction with uniforms, allowing for maximum ventilation.Additionally, XTECH uses XRD Technology, which is well known in the military space and is the foam XTECH uses in the entire pad. XRD, a division of Rogers Corporation, has a multi-year exclusive partnership with XTECH for American football. Monica calls it “smart foam,” which is water resistant as well as highly protective and durable.The majority of the shoulder pad industry uses foam from China and an “air management” system which was developed in the 1970s. Think of a pillow and every time you hit it air goes out the side, and it compresses down and is therefore less protective for the subsequent hit.According to many of the players using XTech’s pads, that’s never been a concern.Recent company addition Brooks Barnard is the vice president of sales and left Under Armour after 12 years overseeing its high school properties to join XTECH. He was attracted by XTech’s implementing “an idea that was disruptive and challenged a predictable way of thinking.”“As I spent time in locker rooms across the country, I noticed the XTECH brand growing in popularity with elite athletes as their choice of pads to wear on Friday nights,” he says. “The design of XTECH naturally captures your attention and automatically engages any football mind. It was evident that XTECH was sought by top players at the NFL and NCAA level and a groundswell was happening at the high school level. Several of the nationally ranked programs in the country already had players in XTECH and I witnessed first-hand what top recruits were saying about the pad.”If anyone needs a reliable shoulder pad, naturally it is Luck. The first overall selection in the 2012 draft and the Colts‘ franchise QB since then never suited up in 2017. He’s back now and having a strong season despite a general dearth of talent around him.Luck is intrigued by technology, but his reasons for switching to XTECH appear simpler.“Just a little lighter,” Luck says. “Been wearing the same shoulder pads and thought I’d try a new one out. It didn’t come from a place that I need something different, I need more protection. It was just some new technology that our equipment managers came to me about and it’s worked well so far.”
liny195 está offline   Responder com Quote
Responder

« Tópico Anterior | Próximo Tópico »

Opções do Tópico
Modos de Exibição

Permissões